Date and time: 13 December 2023, at 16:30
Location: Online (https://meet.google.com/vih-whse-mjk)
Join the AvoinGLAM General Meeting! It is part of our new more formal governance, where AvoinGLAM will be coordinated by an elected Steering Group.
In the General Meeting
- The annual plan and budget are accepted.
- The AvoinGLAM Charter revisions are confirmed at the event. (You may propose changes)
- The Steering Group members and chair are elected. See the candidates.
Run for the 2024 Steering group!
AvoinGLAM’s daily activities and programmatic decisions are carried out by the Steering group.
- The Steering group will have 5–10 elected members including the chair. The AvoinGLAM coordinator (Susanna) and the OKFI ED (Janne) additionally participate in the Steering Group meetings as non-voting members.
- To be eligible for voting and to run for candidacy in the AvoinGLAM Steering group, individuals must join Open Knowledge Finland as members.
- AvoinGLAM may refuse the candidacy of individuals in conflict with the Wikimedia Universal Code of Conduct, UCoC. The candidates must also commit to the OKFI Code of Conduct.
- The current Steering group members are listed on the AvoinGLAM page on Wikimedia Meta.
- Add an introduction to the candidates slide deck. We can use the same intro online afterwards.
You can run for the Steering Group even if you cannot join the event. Make sure to add your introduction.
Membership and community
- Participating in the workings of AvoinGLAM is free for anyone and does not require formal membership. All meetings are open for anyone to participate under the Universal Code of Conduct.
- Anyone can join AvoinGLAM’s global community by signing up in the AvoinGLAM page on Meta-wiki.
Join OKFI Board as AvoinGLAM representative
OKFI Board needs to have a representative from the AvoinGLAM team to highlight issues relevant to our activities. If you feel excited about joining the Board, apply! If you know someone who would be a great match, let OKFI executive director (firstname.lastname@example.org) know and he can get in touch with them.To apply, please add your photo, application and background to this document or send it directly to Janne (email@example.com).