AvoinGLAM reboots its activities by bringing Open Knowledge Finland, Creative Commons Finland, and Wikimedia Finland around the same table to promote Open Access to cultural heritage in Finland.
We are kicking off the spring program with a series of biweekly online discussions on Thursdays, and AvoinGLAM “Coffee & cookies” chats on alternating Thursdays.
Our objectives are
- We help Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums build capacity for digital transformation by promoting Open Access to cultural heritage.
- We advocate and build public policy for Open Access to cultural heritage and emerging topics affecting open cultural heritage.
- We create projects, campaigns, and events to promote the release, discovery, reuse and enriching of open cultural materials.
- We advance open and equitable participation in public discourse and in creating the cultural reminiscence online.
- We support cultural and linguistic diversity, including revitalization efforts of underresourced languages, promoting practices of sharing Traditional Knowledge responsibly online, and collaborating with minority language communities in facilitating the production of multilingual online materials.
Read our ideas and plans
- Ideas for GLAM work is a document to record any ideas for goals, projects, or collaboration.
- Governance is crafted in the AvoinGLAM Charter document.
- The activities carried out with funding from Wikimedia Finland are recorded in the document WMFI GLAM-Wiki Activity plan for 2021.
There’s no formal membership, just join the activities and channels!
- Facebook group AvoinGLAM
- AvoinGLAM in Facebook
- AvoinGLAM in Twitter
- Open GLAM in Medium
- Wikipedia:GLAM – information collected in the Finnish Wikipedia about the GLAM-Wiki activities
- This Month in GLAM – Events and projects in GLAM-Wiki around the world during the last month